Skip to main content

Halloween Havoc



Blood, guts, maggots, and brains are flashing before my eyes as I surf the web in search of ways to keep a group of preteens entertained at the Halloween party.  Today’s kids are so exposed to horror movies and scary music that the things that would have sent chills down my spine at their age are ‘simply child’s play.’  When I was a little girl “Night Mare on Elm Street” horrified me.  In our house at the time we had a long dark hall way.  My older brother, doing his duty as an older brother took it upon himself to hide in the rooms along the hall where I couldn’t see him; when I would pass he would jump out of the rooms behind me yelling “Freddy’s coming” which of course sent me screaming down the hall because I thought Freddy Kruger was after me.  In my defense I was only nine.  My children on the other hand watched that movie and laughed at the special effects.  They become more desensitized with every new horror movie produced now days.  I decided to take them to see paranormal activity 4 because they have already seen the other three.  The movie itself is not so much scary as it is creepy, but the ending (I’ll admit it) scared me.  I’m freaking out and trying to cover my son’s eyes and my daughters…laughing.  So, since I am classified as a nerd by my children I’m trying really hard to come up with ideas that will make the Halloween party fun and memorable.  Luckily, there are people out there far more demented then myself that have graciously posted recipes and game ideas for Halloween parties on the web.  Two of the most interesting ideas that I have found so far are: kitty litter cake and the eye ball hunt.  I’m going to today to get all the props.  I have already bought: Halloween lights, fog machine, and created a couple of feel boxes that will be filled with brains, guts, worms, spider webs, dead animal with maggots, and eye balls.  The recipes for the feel boxes are also provided on the web. The Halloween playlist is compliments of you tube and my excessively demented children who knew the actual names of the horror music.  Wish me luck in my quest to create a Halloween party that is fun and interesting for children of all ages.
Click here for a link to a cool site with more interesting Halloween ideas.
Click here for other food ideas
Youtube Playlist click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Free

24x48 oil painting on canvas Titled: Break Free By. Shemaine Lozano Hernandez

What's coming up...

Hello all! The last few days have been rather hectic.  The Halloween party was a smash!  I made sure all the kids that attended got their faces painted, played lots of games, and I sent them all home so pumped up on sugar I’m sure their parents will be cursing me for weeks to come.   November is going to be a huge and exciting month for me.  Aside for the usual Thanksgiving with the family, I will also be participating in this year’s NaNoWrimo, and three art shows.  So, needless to say my hair is frazzled and I’m over caffeinated.  Thankfully Bibbly is just about geared up and ready to begin her wild adventure across the pages of my computer screen and my art pieces are ready for their grand debut.  For the month of December, I have two art pieces that I am working on.  One will be in the “End of the World (EOTW)” art show that is being thrown by the wonderful art gallery “I Think 219” in Big Spring Texas.  In the EOTW art show artist are supposed to create one piece of a

A Family Portrait

24x36 oil painting on canvas Titled: Family Portrait By. Shemaine Lozano Hernandez