Skip to main content

What's Next?


Hello everyone!

November was a success!  I sold several pieces of my art work and NaNoWriMo wasn’t a total failure because I did not complete the 50,000 words as I had hoped but I did manage to get a respectable word count, so I at least have something to work with. 

December 2012:

December is going to be another crazy and hectic month with a couple of art shows coming up, a paying job, and art projects in the process.  A while back I stepped away from the traditional canvas because, well for one it was recommended that I do so and because the size of canvas I was wanting were a bit much for my budget.  As a result I went on the search for a new media that I could work with.   I have always loved the idea of getting things that people are throwing away and giving the items a second chance.  A second life I guess you could say.  So lately I have been painting on old table tops and computer parts.  Yesterday I was driving and I hit the jackpot.  I came across this old wooden door.  When I asked the owner if I could have it he graciously allowed me to have it for free since they were throwing it out anyway.  So, needless to say I am currently working on a very large project.  A beautiful tree because a solid door, and now that solid door will become a piece of art that will hopefully last for many years to come.  A third life…A new beginning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's coming up...

Hello all! The last few days have been rather hectic.  The Halloween party was a smash!  I made sure all the kids that attended got their faces painted, played lots of games, and I sent them all home so pumped up on sugar I’m sure their parents will be cursing me for weeks to come.   November is going to be a huge and exciting month for me.  Aside for the usual Thanksgiving with the family, I will also be participating in this year’s NaNoWrimo, and three art shows.  So, needless to say my hair is frazzled and I’m over caffeinated.  Thankfully Bibbly is just about geared up and ready to begin her wild adventure across the pages of my computer screen and my art pieces are ready for their grand debut.  For the month of December, I have two art pieces that I am working on.  One will be in the “End of the World (EOTW)” art show that is being thrown by the wonderful art gallery “I Think 219” in Big Spring Texas.  In the EOTW art show artist are supposed to create one piece of a

Breaking Free

24x48 oil painting on canvas Titled: Break Free By. Shemaine Lozano Hernandez

EOTW art show piece...

24x14 Oil painting/Polymer Clay/Nails/Wire Titled: El Fin (The End) By. Shemaine Lozano  This is the piece that will be in the End Of The World art show at the art gallery "I Think 219"